Trongisvįgur is the village in the bottom of Trongisvįgsfjųršur-inlet on the east coast of Sušuroy.
Trongisvįgur and the neighbouring-village Tvųroyri have grown into one entity.
In Trongisvįgur there is a sports-centre, a school and a kindergarten.
A river called Stórį that runs through the valley passes through a plantation that is worth visiting on a good day and then flows into the inlet at a cosy beach.
In the mountains above Trongisvįgur is a valley called Rangabotnur. An asphalted road goes up there. From 1901 brown coal was hewed out of the mountain through long mines. The coal was transported via an aerial ropeway down to sea level at the harbour Drelnes.
The mines are still there as is some of the old equipment from the mines. Also the towers that were supporting the ropeway are still standing as a remembrance of the old days. Rangabotnur has a splendid view over Trongisvįgur and Tvųroyri.
If one continues into the valley behind Trongisvįgur one will end up on the other side of the island. From here there is a nice view down into a valley called Botnur. It is possible to go down the valley if one has strong thighs and lungs.
Deep in the valley behind Trongisvįgur a tunnel goes north through the mountain to a village called Hvalba. The tunnel was blown through the mountain in 1963 and it was the first tunnel in The Faroe Islands. The length of the tunnel is 1400 meters, it is dark and it has only one single line. Oncoming vehicles can pass at passing places that are blown into the tunnel walls at certain intervals.
On the mountain high above the tunnel are the modest traces of a British aircraft that crashed during the war.
The first slipway in the Faroe Islands was built in Trongisvįgur in 1894.