Noršdepil lies on Boršoys east coast
just where the Boršoy and Višoy are closest to each other.
A dam from Noršdepil to Hvannasund on Višoy connects the road
systems on the two islands.
Noršdepil was founded in 1866 by Sivar Sivertsen who opened a shop
called į Oyrini there.
In 1895 a school was opened in the village.
From 1897 to 1912 there was a whaling-station in Noršdepil.