Nes is a village to the south on Eysturoys west coast.
The village lies just south of Skįlafjųršur-inlet, which is the deepest inlet on the islands.
During World War Two The British Army placed two heavy guns in Nes. These were there to protect the inlet and its oil-depot from the German army. To prevent submarines from entering the inlet a steal-net was stretched across the mouth of the inlet.
After the war one of the guns was thrown into the inlet and the other one was used as filling-material when building a new harbour in Toftir. Recently the former gun was rescued and was mounted on its original concrete-foundation. The foundation of the other gun has been reused and now serves as part of the basement of a house. The old stockpile that used to hold lethal ammunition now contains potatoes grown in the surrounding fields.
The parish church in Nes is from 1843.