Haldarsvík is located on the north-east coast of Eysturoy.
The stone-church in the village is from 1856. It is the only octagonal church on the Faroe Islands.
The alterpiece is also distinctive. It represents ‘The last Supper’ where the Apostles’s faces are replaced by the faces of living public figures from Faroe Islands.
In the center of the village there is a small cataract.